I write this more to myself than to anyone else.
I think the things we are most passionate about- those ideas and hopes that really stick to our souls, spiderwebs we walk through and can’t quite shake off, come from the deepest places of fear and insecurity.
For me- I desperately want people to know that they are not alone. Because I desperately need to know that I am not alone. I need for people to hear that no matter what, all is not lost. Because I need to hear that I am not lost.
I have spent far too many years grabbing at smoke and fading words. I needed the approval of man to tell me I was alright. Someone to tell me that this patchwork person could be put back together- hopefully more “correctly” than before. And most importantly, I needed them to be the Potter. The Pruner. The Fixer. The Re-Creator.
And I’ll tell you this- I have spent far too many years being disappointed. Man wasn’t designed to be that for me. No one was meant to redeem the seemingly lost parts of Ryan. The person sitting next to you on a Sunday isn’t going to fix you, no matter how much you want them to. Your spouse, your roommates, your family. They weren’t designed to- so let those expectations go. Find freedom in realizing that they can’t make you better.
I profess to believe in a God who reaches down into the darkest corners of our lives, those areas we refuse to admit are there, and says “Let me fix this. Let me make you well. Let me bring you joy.”
And this is where it get’s really crazy. He is going to. You are not lost, and you are not alone. Stop letting the prince of lies deceive you, Beloved. I believe the greatest hope of the enemy is to make us feel isolated. Like no one understands, so we should probably hide. Being alone may be safe, but it is also death. Be real and be bold.
Read these words- “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
In two verses, the complete lie of isolation is ripped to pieces. Let’s stop trying to put those pieces back together- Jesus understands us! If no one else feels our weaknesses, He does. And that is more powerful than we will ever know. I pray for open eyes tonight. For my own, and for yours, friend.
you are not alone. you are not lost.
- martysoulsurfer reblogged this from brotherstories and added:
- martysoulsurfer likes this
- jennacn reblogged this from brotherstories
- faithnotluck likes this
- fujitsurun likes this
- thedullmirror likes this
- 83sparrows likes this
- glorieuxgolden likes this
- takecaretiredsouls reblogged this from shannonicole and added:
- thechroniclesofa3leggedunicorn reblogged this from meggielynne
- crimsondivss likes this
- angelkika likes this
- angelkika reblogged this from brotherstories
- emeryann likes this
- musingsatoneam likes this
- iwrite-ising-ilive reblogged this from shannonicole and added:
- quiet-spirit likes this
- drenchedinhumanity likes this
- hellodawn likes this
- eacoop2 reblogged this from shannonicole and added:
- amandaelkanick likes this
- gardensandyou likes this
- land-or-sea reblogged this from shannonicole
- stephaobrien likes this
- michaelabrannan likes this
- tayfu likes this
- tellhertruly likes this
- iwrite-ising-ilive likes this
- mywishful-thinking likes this
- sixthirtythree likes this
- wishingdusts reblogged this from brotherstories and added:
- allthehemispheres likes this
- remaininmylove likes this
- perpetual-nomad likes this
- kittentz likes this
- lehfc828 reblogged this from brotherstories and added:
- earthstranger reblogged this from brotherstories
- earthstranger said: wow. thank you so much. i needed this tonight
- earthstranger likes this
- prettylipssealed reblogged this from shannonicole
- shannonicole reblogged this from iliachenvaar
- tolivemagnificently likes this
- iliachenvaar reblogged this from brotherstories and added:
- iliachenvaar likes this
- vermeers likes this
- mandamichelle19 likes this
- an-invincible-summer likes this
- alemazzonetto reblogged this from meggielynne
- theriverjordyn likes this